Event organizers on Universe can choose to sell tickets or passes. When you buy a ticket, that ticket is valid for entry to an event. When you purchase a pass, this means you have purchased credits that can be redeemed for tickets to events. One credit allows you to redeem one ticket. Event organizers set which events and ticket types the credits on a particular pass are valid for.
The Passes feature is frequently used for events that have multiple events within a larger event (e.g. film festivals, multi-day/session conferences, or a subscription series).
Note: Passes are not valid for admission in and of themselves. You must redeem the credits that come with your pass in order to get tickets that are valid for admission.
To redeem a pass credit:
1. Log-in to your Universe account, go to your Tickets page and click on the 'My Passes' tab at the top of the page. Find the pass you want to redeem credits for, and click 'Show Events'.
2. Here you will see a list of events and ticket types that are redeemable with your pass credits, and the number of credits that you have left to be redeemed.
3. Select the event you would like to book with your credits and click on 'Redeem Credits'.
4. Once you click 'Redeem credits', a check out form will pop up. Enter all details for your order and click on the 'Confirm Booking' button to complete your order.
Note: Hosts specify which tickets types on a particular event page are redeemable with Credits. If you are also booking more tickets that can be redeemed with your credits or booking other tickets types that are not redeemable for credits and are not free, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information to purchase the additional tickets.
5. Once your booking is confirmed, the number of credits available for your pass will go down by the number of credits used for your booking and the tickets booked are valid for admission to that specific event.
6. You can find all the tickets booked in your Universe Tickets page at any time. A confirmation email with your tickets is also sent after each booking.
Note: When testing this feature, we recommend testing from a Universe account other than your host account as the host will experience a different checkout process than other buyers. To test, set up your passes from your host account as outlined above, then log out and log into a different Universe account (using a different email address than on your host account). Then, purchase your pass and redeem it for tickets.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us.