Use Zapier to send notifications to internal communication applications (ie: Slack) for each order for your event(s). You can customize the Universe data that is sent and for which or all of your Universe events. The following example uses Slack to demonstrate this capability. More information can be found our guide on sending Universe data to other apps using Universe.
Tip: Check out this primer on using Zapier in the Zapier help center.
To set up real-time notifications:
1. Login to your Zapier account, search for the Universe app and select it.
2. scroll down to the Popular Zaps For Universe section and locate the Universe + Slack Zap and click the 'Use This Zap' button. Alternatively, go to the Slack + Universe Integration page directly.
3. Once you select 'Use this Zap', you'll be directed to a new page with a summary of the Zap, how it works, and what you need to set it up. Click on ‘Make this Zap!’.
4. Select the Universe account you would like to connect with. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to connect your account.
5. Authorize Zapier to connect your Universe account.
6. Select the drop-down to select which event pages you would like to set up notifications for. To set up notification for more than one Universe listing, select the '+' button to add another listing. Click ‘Save + continue’.
7. Now, you can connect your Slack account. Click 'Connect' and select which Slack team you would like to connect and authorize the connection.
8. Authorize Zapier to access your Universe content.
9. Choose which channel you would like the notification sent and customize the message triggered for each order and the order data sent by selecting the Insert Fields button.
10. Your Zap is now on! You can choose to test your Zap here.