Selling passes allows buyers to purchase credits that can be redeemed for tickets to your events. Each pass that you create will have a set number of credits (determined by you); one credit is equal to one ticket. This feature is ideal if you are hosting multiple events within a larger event like film festivals, multi-day/session conferences or subscription series.
For example: If you’re hosting a film festival, you will create an event page (to sell tickets) for each individual event in your festival. You would then create a pass listing where you will sell credits that can be redeemed for tickets to the events at your film festival. You'll be able to set how many credits each pass has, and whether the credits are valid for all tickets/films, or select specific ticket types.
|Tip: When selling passes, we recommend first creating the event pages for all individual 'events' people can book with the credits they have obtained from purchasing a pass. Then, create your 'pass' event page. Learn how to create an event to sell tickets.|
To create your pass event page:
1. Login to your Universe account and select the 'Create Event' button at the top of your screen or go directly to the create form.
2. Scroll down to the 'What tickets will you offer section' and select the option to 'Offer passes instead'.
|Note: It is not possible to sell tickets and passes on the same Universe event page.|
3. Confirm you want to proceed with the pass creation process by selecting the 'Create a Pass' button and enter the basic details for your pass listing on the creation form.
4. In the 'What passes will you offer' section is where you'll set up your passes. Enter the details for your pass and select the 'New pass' button for each additional pass you would like to set up on your pass listing. Type in the name, quantity available, price (if applicable), and the number of credits redeemable for this pass. Enter additional settings for your pass, if needed.
5. In the 'tickets redeemable by this pass' section, select whether the credits for the pass you are adding will be redeemable for:
(i) Connect all past and future events: credits can be redeemed for any ticket type for any event you create on your account. This includes future events that you have not yet created.
(ii) Connect specific ticket types: manually select which ticket types from your events credits from this pass will be redeemable for. *Recommended
(iii) Skip this step and connect ticket types later: come back to the 'Edit' page of your event at any time to set which tickets will be redeemable with credits from the pass you are creating.
|Note: The pass itself is not valid for entry to an event and buyers must redeem their credits for individual events you have set as valid. Booking with a credit will not override the quantity available for other event pages you create.|
If you are 'Connecting Specific Ticket Types' during the Pass Creating process:
6. Click that option to open the modal to set which specific ticket types from your Universe Events Pages will be redeemable by this pass. Check all ticket types that apply and select the 'Add Selected' button at the top of the modal to add these ticket types to your pass. When done, click the 'Apply Changes' button.
|Tip: You can also set whether or not to send an email to pass holder if new tickets types are added to a pass they have available credit for. To do so, select this option in the lower left corner of the modal.|
7. Select the 'Save and exit' button at the bottom of the page or publish your event to go live immediately.
|Note: An email reminder is sent to users that have unused credits for a pass 7 days before the pass event start date.|
For any further questions, please contact us.