Easily print tickets for your event with a Boca printer through the Universe Ticket Manager app.
Note: This feature is currently available on iOS devices only and a Boca Printer that supports either Bluetooth or Wifi is required.
This feature can be used to print tickets at the door as people enter, or to print tickets in advance to sell offline before your event.
Before you print your tickets, make sure that:
- You have set up your event page and it is live. If needed, you can access your event from your dashboard or click here for a guide on creating an event page.
- If you will be printing tickets as they are sold/issued, make sure that the ticket types that you will be printing are currently:
- on sale
- set to active
- available either 'Everywhere' or 'At The Door only'
- You can adjust these settings from the 'Basic Information' page of your event by selecting the gear icon beside the ticket type you would like to manage. For a guide on editing your event page, click here.
To print tickets:
1. First, make sure that the your iOS device is connected to the desired network. You can adjust your network from the 'Settings' icon on your device's home screen by selecting the 'WiFi' button. If it is currently set to off, slide the button to the right to turn it on. Under the 'Choose your Network' section select your desired network. Once your device successfully connects, a blue checkmark will appear beside the chosen network.
2. Connect the Boca printer to the same WiFi network using an ethernet cable - wire it into your router.
3. Next, login to the Ticket Manager App using your regular Universe login credentials. If you haven't already, you can download Ticket Manager for free from the App Store
4. Once you are logged into the app, select the 'Settings' button at the bottom right corner of your screen and choose the 'Configure Boca Printer' option.
4. Next, select the 'Boca Printer Over WiFi' option when prompted to select a printer.
5. Once you have selected the 'Boca Printer Over WiFi' option, you can further customize the settings for this feature to set the size of the ticket stock and when to print.
6. Once you have selected your desired options, you are all set up! Tickets will print when a ticket is either scanned, sold or manually selected, depending on which option you have set.
For further information on selling tickets and scanning tickets at the door, click here.
Note: To make sure you have configured your Boca printer properly, print a test ticket. To print a ticket:
- Click the 'Test Hardware' button on the Boca printer. The ticket that is printer will have the printer's IP on it, if it got assigned one via DHCP on the network.
- in the Configure Boca Printer page in the TicketManager app, Input that IP address and dismiss the modal.
- Then, tap the 'Test' button in the navigation bar. This should send a test ticket to the printer. If it prints, you're good to go.
To print tickets to sell offline (that are not associated with an attendee):
when building your order via the Ticket Manager app, after you have selected your ticket type quantities to be printed, select the 'cash' tab and leave the fields for each ticket in the order blank.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.